Thursday, December 29, 2016

History and Starting Over

As I write this, I'm starting over with cast iron. It's not that I've been completely without cast iron all these years, only that I've been limited to one pan, the pan I have loved and cared for but set aside for a single amazing use...cornbread. (I'll share the recipe I use later.) Yes, I know that I can use this pan for other things, but this pan is finicky, so I don't dare mess with perfection. It's got 25 years of great history, with only a few hiccups over that time, caused by the good intentions of others who "helped" by cleaning the pan.



For Christmas, I got this new, wonderful Lodge 5 quart deep skillet, which I've been looking at and drooling over for months. Now, even though this comes pre-seasoned, I'm keeping Sheryl Canter's post at the ready, and am thinking it's about time that I reseason my cornbread pan as well.

I'm starting this blog to document the good, and not so good, results as I go through this adventure, as well as the yummy recipes I find along the way. Strap in an join me. We may learn a thing or 10 together, and I'm always open to some great advice and tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment